Saturday, November 8, 2008

Budding Violinists

Mitchell & Emily started playing the violin at the beginning of this school year, and had their first concert in early October. The highlight of the evening was when Mitchell stood for a solo of Devil Went Down to Georgia. Okay, I made that last part up, but it was a great evening of music.



5 comments:

  1. Wow...I didnt know that they were both playing the violin now....that is great! If they keep working hard they'll both be playing Devil Went Down to Georgia before summer...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily read my post and said "Dad, what in the world is this Devil song you're talking about?!?" I'll have to play it for them (on the stereo - my violin playing days are over).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer! I'm impressed that they are doing the violin together. Think they can put Mark & McKay to shame someday? I think so. That's funny Emily was wondering about the Devil song. Both she & Mitchell should like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive!! Mitch and Emily, I think you should get your dad to dust off his old violin and get the Munroe Violin Trio off the ground. Tell him that his violin playing days are FAR from over! You could debut it on your new album! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. daddy said his violin days are over there not , he is just trying to trick us ,i think he still has some of his skills; )

    ReplyDelete